Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer 2013: Siekierezada



Sight

Siekierezada Restaurant

While on vacation in Poland, my parents took me to a restaurant called Siekierezada located in the Bieszczady Mountains. They mentioned how they would often come here as teenagers and that it was also a very popular tourist attraction. This was honestly one of the most interesting locales that I have ever been to. The whole restaurant was covered in traditional art synonymous with the area. While we did not eat there, I did enjoy one of their craft beers which was incredibly smooth and delectable. If you are ever in the area I suggest giving this restaurant a visit since it not only offers a feast of traditional Polish dishes but is also a feast for the eyes.

Siekierezada
38-607 Cisna 92
www.siekierezada.pl

Sound

KSU - Moje Biesczady

KSU is considered to be one of the most influential Polish punk rock bands ever. This song is written about the Biesczady mountains, from which the band members hail from. I feel that this sound works ideally in capturing the essence of Siekierezada and the mountain range that houses the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment