Wednesday, October 9, 2013

February 2012

 

Once the Musical 

I had the pleasure of seeing this show with my dear friend and roommate, Micaela Gonzalez (click on her name to access her SoundCloud!). This was my first broadway show and I was not disappointed. While I had not seen the movie before I saw the musical, I did stumble upon the music. What was so special about this particular show was that all of the actors played multiple instruments while singing and dancing. I was captivated throughout the entire performance and amazed by all of the talent whirling around on stage. 

Fun Fact: At intermission, the bar that was part of the set transformed into a real bar that served refreshments to theatre goers. This added to the illusion of closeness that was created between the cast and the audience.

Sound

Steve Kazee and Cristin Milioti - Falling Slowly

Cristin Milioti - If You Want Me

Steve Kazee - When Your Mind's Made Up

I've included some of my favorite songs from the show. Please be advised that there are no frills here, just a couple of lads getting down and dirty with their instruments. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment